Finding the Right Child Custody Attorney for Your Needs

Hiring the best Child Custody attorney is an important step to ensuring your rights as a parent are protected. A custody attorney can help you navigate the legal process to find the right arrangement that fits your situation and meets the needs of your child or children. They can help you determine the best type of custody, whether it be sole custody, joint custody or bird’s nest custody. They can also help you set up visitation schedules and enforce existing custody agreements.

The Law Firm of John T. Sholly, Attorney and Counselor at Law helps clients in Knoxville with family law issues, including child custody. Its attorneys can assist you in filing a petition for custody and in obtaining a custody modification order. They can also help you resolve other concerns related to family law, such as divorce, child support, and property division.

During a child custody dispute, the court may appoint an “Attorney for the Child” or “Law Guardian.” This person is usually a social worker or psychologist who will meet with the child and advocate his or her wishes in the case. The Judge will then consider the opinions of the Attorney for the Child along with those of the parents and their counsel when making a decision.

In most states, a judge will want to maximize the involvement of both parents in a child’s life. However, this does not necessarily mean that each parent will receive equal time with the child. Rather, judges will look at each parent’s home environment and lifestyle to see which one would be the most appropriate fit for the child.

During a child custody dispute, the courts will typically want to ensure that both parents are able to provide for the physical and emotional needs of the children. This is why the courts may appoint a forensic expert to conduct interviews and testify in the case. These experts are often a psychologist or social worker who will interview the child, the parents and any other significant people in the child’s life. They will then submit a report to the judge. If a change is necessary, they can also give their testimony at a hearing.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.